Wednesday, November 28, 2012

BLAST FROM THE PAST



photocredit: photopin




                           Well, we are finally at the end of the road. First semester of college is almost over. What a journey it truly has been. I loved this English class. It taught me a lot with the challenges that came along with it. This English class helped me to not only recognize my weaknesses, but my many strengths as well. I believe my strengths show the most in Blog Post #5, "Generation G": Inside a Share-able World" for many reasons.  With this post, we had the chance of picking an essay and basically expressing how we feel about that particular essay. I was able to get my exact point across and stick to what I truly felt. It was much easier to pick out something you really stand behind without having to worry about if you're giving that "right answer."  Not only did I have a post that showed my strengths in my writing, I had at least one that showed a weakness as well. 




photocredit: photopin.com
  I know we're only supposed to reflect to strengths, but what are the strengths without the weaknesses that helped us to get there? Example:  Blog post #4, "WAAAAAAAIIIT A MINUTE, IS COLLEGE GOOD ENOUGH?" This is post was an obvious challenge even though I tried my hardest not to let it be. It showed me weaknesses I never really realized I had. In the post, I didn't really stay on topic and didn't argue my point well enough. Even though I had already known this, it took someone else to tell me for me to actually go back and realize how I really needed to focus on certain things in my writing. 

Now, the blog that  I believe comes in second right behind Blog Post #5 as being one of my best posts I would have to say is the re-do of blog post #4. Which was called," Operation RE-DO!! "Is College (Good) Enough?" (Revised Version). In this post, we were told to revise a previous post. So why not redeem myself ? In this post, I showed exactly how you pick an argument and stand behind it with good sources. Once I figured out exactly what I needed to work on, revising this blog was a piece of cake. 

photo credit: photopin
      


I do hate that this class is coming to an end. I loved doing the blogs and class discussions. They made me feel like I did not have to worry about being judged on my opinions, and that it doesn't matter if someone does not agree with what you feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment